Sep 18, 2008

It's all about storytelling...

I have learned something important today. People HAVE to tell stories. People love to tell stories. People TELL stories. Period. Everything about them is a story. And they don't have to utter a word to do that.
I have looked at photos of a bunch of people I don't know anything about. I can guess their nationality, but other than that... I knew nothing about them.
Yet, a photo told me so much. My imagination did the rest. From imagining their lives and how they got to be in that photo, to trying to guess their profession and age, social status, etc.

I also learned I am fascinated by names. I used to hate learning about plants and what they were called... because the way I perceived them rarely corresponded to the name people had found for them. To this day, I can't tell plants.
But with people... it's a whole different thing. I tried to guess their names. I have no idea how well I did ... I probably never will.

Bottom line is I am sure I would be able to write infinitely starting from one portrait... Isn't that a wonderful thing to find out?

1 comment:

camilaxtr3 said...

“I guess you are true. People have to tell stories and stories wouldn´t be the same without people, and yes, you can first sense their stories in pictures, just by looking how they dress, how they stand in their daily atmosphere and how you see they interact with it in the picture.

For me is sometimes just looking at them as I walk around a park, streets, stores, any place... you can see the story behind each one of them and in different ways: drama, comedy, action... love. You name it and you´ll see it. It´s a matter of being there in the correct moment and the right time and you will see stories that are starting, others that are on going and sometimes a few coming to their end; but like you said, we can spend hours around this and never finish.”

Time and Date

Followers

Books ...

  • Paul Auster - The New York Trilogy

Movies I Recommend

  • Love Actually...
  • ASHES AND SNOW
  • Fight Club
  • Finding Nemo